I got to thinking about what I would do differently if I could go back in time. Would I go to college or learn a trade? I went to 1 1/2 years of college before dropping out, and I think that was the right decision.
There seems to be a growing number of college graduates with no jobs and plenty of student loan debt. Maybe more young people should consider learning a skilled trade like electric, plumbing, masonry, drywall, HVAC, etc.
Just to be clear, I’m not saying college isn’t a good choice. I’m saying it shouldn’t be a default choice after high school.
You ask, we answer. In our last video we asked for questions from our first 1000 subscribers. Here are the questions:
- Do you guys have any tricks on how to save on gifts, planning savings for gifts, talking to family members about budgets for gifts, etc.?
- Eat some Cajun food!!
- What age are you estimating you will die?
- If you’re planning on retiring super early, what if some horrible accident occurs, and you have huge medical costs, or there’s something unforeseen you have to pay out a fortune for, etc?
- And when you “retire” early, will you still be contributing to regular retirement accounts for for 59.5?
- So are you saying I represent one of those pieces of paper?
- Do you think college is necessary to build a worthwhile income?
- How late is too late to start school?
- I think you are the most under rated channel on YouTube.
- Do you think self employment or working for someone is a better path towards financial freedom?
- What is your biggest hurdle to you have overcome as a couple to date?